Cement, a material that must change to address the global environmental emergency.
How is traditional Portland cement made?
rotary kiln (1450° C)
- 50% related to the decarbonation of limestone
- 40% related to burned fuels
- 10% related to electrical energy consumed and transportation
(big bag, bulk, bags)
The manufacturing process
Hoffmann Green in detail
A manufacturing process that meets the principles of the circular economy
Hoffmann Green recovers and promotes co-products from industry and construction, which are sent to our production plant :
- Blast furnace slag comes from the metallurgical and steel industry
- Flash clay is a co-product of clay sludge
- Gypsum/Desulfogypsum are produced from construction site excavated material.
These co-products, present in abundance, are then mixed with our activators and superactivators specifically formulated by Hoffmann Green, giving rise to our three revolutionary cements: H-UKR, H-EVA and H-P2A.
A clean and revolutionary cold manufacturing process
Hoffmann Green has initiated a technological breakthrough based on changing the composition of cement so that it does not contain clinker, the main source of CO2 emissions in traditional cement production, as well as creating a cold and clean cement manufacturing process (no firing of raw materials).
The manufacturing process for Hoffmann Green cements is based on the systematic use of abundant co-products as a substitute for natural resources. This innovation makes it possible to produce a carbon-free cement while preserving natural resources, particularly without the use of quarries. Also, with the absence of a firing process, the carbon impact of Hoffmann cements is significantly reduced compared to the traditional cement manufacturing process.
Adjuventation and mixing are at the heart of our industrial process. This is followed by the packaging of our cements (big bag, bulk or bags) and then shipment to the site areas according to an optimized transport scheme (see animation above).
Cements that supply three main markets
Far from the image of traditional cement factories, the Hoffmann Green industrial scheme allows its factories, without kilns or chimneys, to be located as close as possible to urban areas with major works.
Hoffmann cements are used to serve the three main cement markets:
- Precast concrete: prefabrication of concrete products outside their final location and assembly/delivery on site.
- Ready-mix concrete (RMP): concrete prepared in the factory in concrete plants and then transported to the place of use in mixer trucks.
- Cement bags: marketed for professionals and the general public, our bags will soon be distributed through 5500 distribution points in France.